Tuesday 20 September 2011

Did Bill Clinton turn down 'DWTS'


Former President Bill Clinton reportedly told a foodie star that he had turned down a spot on "Dancing With the Stars" . But he’s reportedly lined up a bunch of stars to help him celebrate his foundation’s 10th year.
Rachael Ray is kicking off a new season of her show this week and Tuesday she welcomes Bill Clinton into her kitchen.
Somehow the chat turns to "Dancing With the Stars." "This is interesting actually," says the former president. "They contacted me once about it."
Maybe that was around the time, earlier this summer, when "DWTS" pro Cheryl Burke was saying she'd love to have him as a partner.

"And I told them I didn't have the time to train for it," says Clinton. "You know you actually go out there and you train, you really work at it. So I had to pass. But I think it's a hoot. And I have a 92-year-old mother-in-law who watches it religiously and she knows much more about popular culture than Hillary and I do. She even knows more than her granddaughter, Chelsea, knows about popular culture. She thinks I would be really cool if I made it, but I had to pass."
When Rach asks Bill what his best dance would be -- a tango or a rumba -- he replies, "It's amazing you said that because just last night, Hillary said to me 'You know, when I'm not Secretary of State anymore, we should go take dancing lessons.' So we'll start with the tango."

No comments:

Post a Comment